Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 776 (Tidbits)

Getting into some symbolic stuff here for the 800 Days blog as far as the Friday November 5 2010 Day 776 post is concerned. What this means is an awesome poem by Blake4d called "ZEA MAYS."

You might ask, who or what is Zea Mays, anyway? (Most people don't know)

Well, I don't know how in heck Blake found out about Zea and me but...

*sigh*
Zea was this golden haired beauty whose life intertwined with mine quite some time ago...

I was about 14, she - older and wiser, by far... To look upon her golden waves of hair took my breath away, as I recall. I will never, have never, simply cannot - WILL NOT - forget about Zea Mays. It's just not possible...

So who/what is Zea Mays?

Look her up in the Glossary section. The tabs for getting to that page are above this post.

And once you've returned back here to read, please don't be harsh with me... I wasn't misleading...

Blake's selected content for the Day 776 post over on The 800 Days blog is a wonderful piece of poetry about Zea Mays - about Zea Mays' body swaying in the wind, her wisdom, her permanence/immortality, about consuming Zea Mays and being consumed by Zea Mays... a poem about mortality and immortality, dragonflies, nymph, wolf, bear, buffalo and bones...

But there's more...

The Zea Mays poem is about bald eagles, cactus thorns, wings, fins, hands and feet - both of four and two legged creatures...and finally

About death...then life again.

Go Read: Poem - ZEA MAYS by Blake4d

Hie Hie

And as far as the rest of the Day 776 post - YES, THERE'S MORE than just the Zea Mays part...

Blake seems to have been rushed to make a Day 776 entry, but has made a nice little bit of fiction for readers to enjoy. Personally, it's not on my favourite theme - INSECTS - but just because it's written by Blake4d, I decided to read it in its entirety...

AWESOME.....spooky, bizarre - pretty much right up my alley...

Insects and telemetry (see Glossary if you're not sure what telemetry is), a somatic Morpheus (can't you determine already that just a hint of poetics is waiting for you?), see, sleep, Samhain night... "I love all insects...I love all insects...I love..."

Blake4d...

:)

Day 776 in the 800 Day countdown was Friday November 5 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment