Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 686 (Tidbits)

It was hard for me to wrap my head around the content on Day 686 of the ongoing THE 800 DAYS blog. This is only because Day 686 involves HARD SCIENCE and I'm admittedly a pseudo-science geek, and also a social science fan. Hard Science experimentation, data and numbers are things I can manage but tend to shy away from as I like feelings, people, mystical ideas much more than numbers and hard absolutes.

Mind you - I think we're finding out in this day and age that our trust in Hard Sciences is misplaces, are we not? I mean - even quantum physics fields are starting to show us that our concept of time and space as linear or even "clockwork" things - is all WRONG!

Eh... goin' off on a tangent now - and bringing the topic around to things I like more (trashing hard sciences? lol), which isn't very respectful to our Blake Hall and his 800 Days Project/Blog - so I will get back to the topic Blake wrote about over on his blog...

Wow, Blake discloses that the Hubble Space Telescope is celebrating its 20th Anniversary of operation! I suppose I've taken this item for granted as the telescope has been in existence for most of the period of my life whereby I've understood what the huge machine actually is! I was a young adult when this scientific gadget was unveiled and shown to the world...but now, Blake has put out an info-article telling that NASA is reporting the Hubble Telescope has recently found something quite amazing...

No, it's not a star... not a satelitte, nor is it a new planet...

It's a WHOLE (freakin') GALAXY that Hubble Telescope has just been able to catch in its view - around January 26th, Blake reports that NASA made a statement about this...

Now here's why all this stuff gets EASY for me to shy away from... (think "numbers)

They have called this new Galaxy the following:  UDFy-38135539  (according to NASA). Now how on Earth (or How in the Universe?) am I ever going to remember that galaxy or identify if THAT newly found galaxy is the one people are talking about? To heck with that, I'm going to call it by my OWN name and I deem the new UDFy-38135539 galaxy is now called...

Kat Vale Galaxy 01 (01, just in case they find another one close to it... then Kat Vale Galaxy can have a twin with the suffix "02" tacked on).

I think Blake's details over on THE 800 DAYS blog sound infinitely more scientific than my review, so GO READ THE BLOG!

The Day 686 post is full of hard-science jargon and is associated with Thursday February 3 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment