Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 700 (Tidbits)

Some rather shocking data turned out by Blake Hall for the Day 700 entry on his The 800 Days blog. These details are about how people use their computers...
An amazing 79 percent of people polled (Harris Interactive surveys) asserted that they store embarrassing files on their computer they don't want co-workers, family and friends to see...

*Both Hands Up*

Guilty...errrr I mean, I also would say I have things on my computer I don't want others to see or which might cause embarrassment to me if someone scouted through my computer contents.

Mind you, I have poetry - my own - stored on my PC and this is the most personal stuff I don't want anyone to see *shrug*

The video at the top of the post, I enjoyed very much - then below the vid, I wondered why the word "sex" was repeated over and over and over and over and over... turns out, the Harris poll also asked several questions about SEX and the results show that both men and women wish to hide the online sites they frequent hmmm....

There are actually what I view as two full articles inside the Day 700 post, along with a poem, dedicated to "LL," to close out this blog entry.

The second of the articles is called "Sex Tapes of the Rich and Infamous," which leads into a discussion of how plentiful sex tapes of the rich and famous are in North America and the "civilized" Western World - first under premise that personal tapes had been stolen then made viewable to a general public - secondly, with the fake story of the same ("Hey my tapes were stolen!") but the tapes being choreographed, marketed and distributed with planned precision.

Hey... people are buying these tapes/DVDs like crazy, so more and more sex tapes are coming out... and Blake has compiled a rather abundant list of names of stars who have fallen into this sex-tape craze, marketing and pulling in money from what Americans/North Americans apparently want to see more and more of... I'm surprised at who is on this list, but then, I am still often surprised that so many people want to get their 15 minutes of fame by any means possible - even if it's done by baring all in what most people would find extremely embarrassing fashion.

Although I wasn't unaware of this craze, reading about it via The 800 Days blog and then reviewing this post has made me even more aware that SEX sex sex sex sex sex sex is on peoples' minds a LOT...

The Day 700 post is associated with SEX and the date, Thursday January 20 2011.

P.S. I'll have to return later to review on the poetry as it takes me some time to interpret...
I'll follow up and review in another post soon...

'til then, you'll just have to hang on a sex.......... oops I mean a sec'

No comments:

Post a Comment