Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 720 (Tidbits)

Well half or most of the world is busy on New Years Eve, aren't they? I think this could be why the post over on THE 800 DAYS BLOG for the Day 720 entry is super short and sweet!

I'm okay with this as I really enjoyed the near to 5 minute U2 band song that Blake chose to embed in the post!  Apt tune and title, "New Years Day" by U2 - a song from the 80's - just my age!

I'll keep my post pretty short, too! I'll just offer a few quotes I like:

"Nothing is worth more than this day."
~~Goethe.

(Stunned by this one, actually - it's great) " Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
~~John Wayne.

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas!”
~~unknown - could not find the source.



So I hope you've enjoyed the posts so far in the two plus months since the 800 Days Countdown started. Future posts will be in the New Year of 2011 and Blake and I have both resolved to get more organized with posting and also with honouring more celebratory days and events - even if these our outside our particular and respective cultural norms.


Have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR - see you in 2011!

The Day 720 post is associated with New Year's Eve and Friday December 31 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment