I'm currently looking into (Nov 4 2010) the most common Doomsday Theories so I can bring them to this page by mid-November.
Right now, I believe there are four main Doomsday Theories:
- Other Alignments: or "Galactic Alignment" - there will be huge shifts in our galaxy that we can't prevent or survive
- Geomagnetic Reversal: a change in the orientation of the Earth's magnetic field (NOT the same as "polar shift")
- Planet X/Nibiru: Planet X will collide with Earth or travel so close to Earth, causing unmanageable damage
- Web Bot: the Web Bot Project has predicted the world will end on December 21, 2010
Obviously, four of these theories are more science-based and the "Deity Intervention" theory is something different altogether. I'm just at the "start" of working this permanent page off the blog, so check back - I have a lot of work to do yet... there are WAY MORE THAN FOUR main theories about 2012 - but the ones above are in a specific category of "Doomsday" Theories - versus - "New Age" theories or "Religion Based" theories/prophecy. The short list above is just a tiny portion of what I can begin to work on here, however, I will not be adding other categories of theories to this page.
Do check back later, please - and if you have ideas, I would also be glad to hear of them. Feel free to email or comment on blog posts and I will get back to you asap.
* Note: "Web Bot" Project is very new, very 21st Century, very new in relation to many other Doomsday/End-world theories and 2012 Theories - because the Web Bot Project involves technology that only recently came into use. The Web Bot Project allegedly has a number of "bots" that search the Internet for certain keywords. The bots look for patterns in the keywords...the Web Bot Project is being looked upon as basically a high-tech electronic sort of oracle or prediction entity... A co-creator of the Web Bot is George Ure.
Apparently, the Web Bot Project is something like a bunch of bots designed to check out "web chatter" - what people are typing and searching for online... George Ure has made statements that Web Bot bots actually turned up results of "web chatter" which actually showed that the September 11 2001 attacks in New York were going to happen - BEFORE they occurred! Ure has asserted that the Web Bot bots have predicted that the world will end on December 21, 2012. Naturally, this last assertion is very heavily contested and is not accepted by most of the world, particulary by the scientific community... The project is worth thinking about, anyway, so I hope that readers will do a search and check out the Web Bot Project sometime soon.
(on wikipedia, this Web Bot project is actually listed as a fourth "Doomsday" theory...)