Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 764 (Tidbits)

Blake has really offered a lot of good information (in my opinion) and has given prime attention to the Muslim celebration of Eid Al-Adha on the previous Day 765 post. On  Day 764 of his The 800 Days blog, he does something a little different and writes something to appreciate and honour a person from India who is held dearly in his heart. Blake does this in poetic form - and to my way of thinking, the poetics are as close to an "act of reverence" (definitely a focused "mindfullness") as one can get when coming from a different culture.

Blake has dedicated this piece to a dear friend of his, "dreamreachout" who was already mentioned recently in my "Follower Reader Appreciation" post.

The poem is called "Do Good" and to my knowledge, you're not going to be able to find this piece anywhere, save for THE 800 DAYS blog.

My perception of the general essence of this poem is that Blake is associating his dear friend, dreamreachout, with someone (or the sort of person) who will just "Do Good," regardless of circumstances... There are those who do good things for different motives and who sometimes need the right coaxing in order to act humanely and rightly. I gather that Blake feels his friend is one of the exceptional people who just "Do Good" without requiring additional motivational factors to push them in the right, humane direction. Of course, the poem is open to interpretation, but this is my interpretation.

I sincerely hope to get to that humane level, myself, someday but as yet... I have this poem to absorb as a guideline - and, of course, dreamreachout's materials to read when I so choose, too!

DO GOOD, dreamreachout, poetry, hints of Eid Al-Adha and Day 764 in the 800 Days Countdown are all associated with Wednesday November 17 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment