Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 678

For the Day 678 entry on Blake Hall's The 800 DAYS blog, we are treated to some poetry. As always, the content contains items that will make you think, "Hmm." The title of this piece, "In This Spiritual Conspiracy."

Although in a number of places, the text appears to argue upon itself, don't let the messages stand as such - but instead, take time to consider opposites. What struck me most is how opposites in this piece exist as they are. A bit of a new concept outside of our Western either-or mentality... things existing as opposites without being detrimental to each other...

ie:  "I have no words: I make silence out of silence" and "I have no words: I make silence out of words" opposites words (sound) and silence exist here without detrimental opposition... they just ARE - but also, the narrator has transformed sound to make it silence...where silence was in the first place (I have no words/sound?).

I like the concept that "Love is the religion we come to share." Repetition of this line is like a reminder that we "come to this," are required to provide action toward this. It's more like a reminder than a statement of "what is." I also like the call to action line late in the piece, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

"Be the change you want to see in the world" will be my mantra for a little while and this is one of the lines that sticks with me most potently of all the text in this piece...

What thoughts do you have about this Spiritual Conspiracy?

The Day 678 post on The 800 Days blog is thought provoking art, associated with Friday February 11 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment