Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 745 (Tidbits)

Yay! Another quick "Crash Course" on a dominant religion is on the Day 745 entry of THE 800 DAYS blog. This crash course is on Hanukkah, an 8 day Jewish holiday and celebration, sometimes called Festival of Lights or Festival of Dedication.

Blake goes on to give some historical and traditional information on this Jewish festival (which started, by the way, on Wednesday, December 1, 2010 this year. By the time of the 800DAYS blogpost, Hanukkah was under way for 6 days already.

I admit that I know very little about Jewish traditions and holidays, so I will be learning more by reading up on Blake's posts and having discussions with Blake and others about Hanukkah - as well as making sure to read much, much more about Hanukkah before next season. I will be better prepared next year to discuss and comment on such a topic.

The post on the 800 DAYS BLOG is quite lengthy with a lot of information, so I won't be able to supplement the content from here, based on my limited knowledge on Hanukkah. I'll just let readers head over to THE 800 DAYS blog and read.

The Day 745 post is associated with Monday December 6 2010 and the sixth day of Hanukkah in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment